Re: [hatari-devel] Valid memory amount?

Am Wed, 11 Nov 2020 01:12:52 +0200

> Hi,
>
> While testing with TOS boot checker, I noticed
> that Hatari has earlier allowed 6MB and 12MB of
> RAM to be specified, but doesn't anymore.

The check for the current sizes is basically in place since 2016, see
commit 8defb76044b9124481d18d.

> Is it so that these memory configurations aren't
> physically supported on any of the ST / MegaST /
> STE / MegaSTE / TT / Falcon machines?

Seems so. At least nobody complained until now.

> Btw. 10MB is supported on MegaSTE & TT, but
> not on Falcon.  Specific memory amounts are
> enforced (with a warning) only for Falcon though.
> I wonder should they be enforced also for others?

I assume you are talking about the STMemory_CorrectSTRamSize()
function? ... I guess yes, maybe it should be enforced for these
machines, too, but that's certainly a change that should rather wait
until the release has been done.