|Re: [hatari-devel] Preparing release 2.3 / Slow IDE boot for Falcon|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Preparing release 2.3 / Slow IDE boot for Falcon
- From: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 08:44:18 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1602571459; bh=z6gyeZq8khn51gE7s8o6YPmJlGjC2N6DGnScAWIIvXw=; h=Subject:To:From:Date:From; b=m51uFfAKQ9lKWGaoZKThsQ7wLukha54Fi6eNyUHOTOgcrElHnKAetscNMPei37+vk G3ueZuw0ZMn5kD+BxOIlmAfxtJkvy7cI1+CUB/5rc4A6hoCwFAWCRLZtP3ffwEufMj i2mlQw+i/fN5J2FRy0Vvcqm1p4yVkDrF4m2FfOkNhdEQCIpm98qU+Zb4/4L0sxl13g 9+Uvr1c/CXt2iGJlpyAmF0Y1drgDVattTJIJ4H11XtWDhp3/VjssecgxX4U2GQAv+Y f5CemerUFHOuCvicwrlAXaNunU0dWBG6J/vxGKr7AM3j/evVz2IM5fE7LMWKVuJFAd /uWEuxcecvW4w==
On 13/10/2020 08.34, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> Le 12/10/2020 à 22:41, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
>> Slowdown is very large also with EmuTOS, so
>> it would be better if there would be (also)
>> a TOS version agnostic solution.
>> Maybe "--fast-boot" option should disable
>> IDE for Falcon when there's no IDE drive?
> yes, maybe just disabling the IDE IO registers might be enough to speed up
> things in case --fast-boot is enabled.
I think it's likely the best solution for the next release. It's the
previous behavior with --fast-boot enabled, so this should not be a
regression for anybody, and for people who need more accurate behavior, they
still can disable fast-boot.
After the release, we could still start experiments with TOS patches or