Re: [hatari-devel] Preparing release 2.3 / Slow IDE boot for Falcon

On 13/10/2020 08.34, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> Le 12/10/2020 à 22:41, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> Slowdown is very large also with EmuTOS, so
>> it would be better if there would be (also)
>> a TOS version agnostic solution.
>>
>> Maybe "--fast-boot" option should disable
>> IDE for Falcon when there's no IDE drive?
>>

> Hi
>
> yes, maybe just disabling the IDE IO registers might be enough to speed up
> things in case --fast-boot is enabled.

I think it's likely the best solution for the next release. It's the
previous behavior with --fast-boot enabled, so this should not be a
regression for anybody, and for people who need more accurate behavior, they
still can disable fast-boot.

After the release, we could still start experiments with TOS patches or
other hacks.