Re: [hatari-devel] Preparing release 2.3

Le 12/10/2020 à 17:36, Thomas Huth a écrit :
On 12/10/2020 17.15, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
[...]
Eero, what else do you wish to include before 2.3 is relased ?

IIRC Eero mentioned that Hatari now boots slower in Falcon mode if no IDE
drive is attached. I guess it's because TOS 4 is now always scanning the IDE
bus for devices (and thus waits until a timeout occurs), while it was
skipping the test before due to the bus errors.
Unfortunately, I currently don't have much spare time, but I assume that's
the same behavior as on an original Falcon. We could maybe add a TOS patch
in this case to decrease the timeout, but I'm currently very short in spare
time, so I currently cannot work on this topic.

Can't really have a look either :(

Thomas, anything on your side ?

Yes, I'd like to see this included to silence some more compiler warnings
that Vincent reported:

  https://github.com/tonioni/WinUAE/commit/46bef0513102e1c36dc

... not sure whether I've got time for this within the next days, so if
you've got some spare minutes, could you please pick up that patch and
adjust it for Hatari?

That's at least all from my side, everything else can wait 'till the release
has been done.

I saw the patch on WinUAE's github and I will commit it on Hatari tonith