Re: [hatari-devel] Blitter bug in STe mode

Le 16/06/2020 à 08:38, Christian Zietz a écrit :
Nicolas Pomarède schrieb:

problem should now be fixed ; I added a RMW flag to the cpu emulation in
the case of TAS, and the blitter will now delay its restart in non hog
mode in case the blitter's 1st bus access happens during a RMW operation.

I can confirm that it's fixed. At least, I don't get the the on-screen
artifacts anymore when using EmuTOS (with Blitter enabled) under Hatari
built from current Git code. Thank you for the quick response!

BTW, this only happened in cycle exact mode because in that mode the blitter accurately emulates the bus sharing between cpu and blitter every 64 bus accesses. This allows for example to run part of one cpu instruction in parallel to the blitter, such as a MUL or a DIV.

I don't think steem supports this accurate "parallel" mode, which might be why the bug didn't show with emutos + steem.