|Re: [hatari-devel] fixing errors reported by GCC 10 -fanalyzer|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] fixing errors reported by GCC 10 -fanalyzer
- From: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 19:43:25 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1589391807; bh=+RipSu9IveeB1Bw3i5yJ3WXP9+rY4LxknVZmf7OYiSQ=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=phb/8LyQ4wm2PX0/dsTNIbMwJ+0wAN1T3EIHxPFCZW1zTLqotDMMHH4CNocJTzLKv MKuoBFg+USxb6TMKvznpzshW2FhhKbz05Ch38WJ9HRXLAFfuRP2d4hNUxiuRY8i+fn NcLz5A4Ax+xit4XNNCq5CHI8QE4Dzh4/yN7Y7VmEJ8617ZY7NyAjpdg7etWjbPtiK0 XdGAzvX0NafFhra1zJ6r5BPTVKMTm8xSYJVFTq/z2S1jGOBVlEjD6eNN3Ufb9ouvX/ qgYFCw3cPWZBemKkIRWnJVjUCrFjcrb4jpnFR6ekm1g6Rx81ckf/R4UodLHhIvPypL 8LN5hJ29QvgQg==
Am Wed, 13 May 2020 19:54:45 +0300
schrieb Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On 5/12/20 10:28 PM, Thomas Huth wrote:
> > Am Mon, 11 May 2020 18:05:17 +0300
> > schrieb Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> >> But I strongly think that daily snapshot builds
> >> and Hatari development versions should default to
> >> building with asserts.
> > Right. I've enabled the Debug build type now for most of the CI
> > pipelines.
> >> Thomas is defaulting to debugrelease target
> >> instead of release target enough?
> > What's the debugrelease target? I can't find any cmake documentation
> > about that...? Running "cmake
> > -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=debugrelease ." simply seems to compile
> > without any CFLAGS at all, so this build type does not seem to
> > exist?
> Sorry, I meant "RelWithDebInfo", see:
> But I don't remember whether it enables also
> asserts in addition to providing binaries with
> debug symbols.
That does not work - RelWithDebInfo also sets -DNDEBUG.
I guess we'd need to set up our own build type to compile with -O2 but
without -DNDEBUG. But since the CI now has assert()s enabled, too, and
since Christer also builds Debug executables, let's continue with the
current way first - we can still revisit this topic later if this does
not work out as expected.