Re: [hatari-devel] Synching host mouse position to Atari mouse position

On 11/10/19 10:25 AM, Thomas Huth wrote:
Am Sat, 9 Nov 2019 10:32:35 +0100
schrieb Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Maybe that instead of changing line-A variables another solution
could be to change IKBD_Cmd_ReadAbsMousePos to intercept the returned
values, sync/scale them to the host and then really return the new
absolute positions ?

Good idea!

As far as I know, most programs (including TOS) rather use the relative
mouse mode instead of the absolute mode, so that likely only works in
some few programs.

To work well, it should support both absolute & relative modes.

But maybe it would be possible to fake relative coordinates based on
the absolute coordinates of the host mouse cursor, instead of using the
relative mouse motions of the host cursor? ... not sure whether that
would be much better than the behaviour that we currently already have,
though...

If it could keep native mouse pointer in sync with host one,
it would be "perfect".

But problem with relative co-ordinates is that something on Atari
side could be applying acceleration to the mouse movements.  User
would need to disable that, but that's not possible if mouse
acceleration is hard-coded to the Atari program.