|Re: [hatari-devel] Synching host mouse position to Atari mouse position|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Synching host mouse position to Atari mouse position
- From: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 10:57:35 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1572861457; bh=Y7GRzNxCTYTXm70t2tDwIi6PVGeiOGvc9Ywnhtxrqis=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=n4XF46/RsheTuHsu/GG61EZ+uCyU1qy83CyCqfGaO2WE1lMV7La4dk+ynQ0IUSNZh qxeGQgbN7tq69aTmfsyJAgIYLiNMN7aUJKNdIknuLd//v0H+sRvH9sMD+jnAWbYzX8 VUUWrv1nlVMxxMilHvcaj3vmH2E+/5UAihLDnzq5qq/YzYdYlRw8vCdlJ5wG6EtaXK Coa8ujL/XEs3eFrumo0WBiZZj8vxcJ0cCi13aXeqe+0A+PlAjcpWI/ufBGpbIBHbYI wVlTgTB4knWS8AIdTm5eyAtIVKu+Vo5YDTxkEpC5/6kyhkGmMbCFr6X4yz1pSFHKGR 0fvv4FOb3gl7g==
Am Fri, 1 Nov 2019 00:09:45 +0200
schrieb Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I did small patch inspired by recent OSEX header being added to
> EmuTOS to support for synching host mouse position with TOS mouse
> position for Aranym...
> Attached patch syncs host mouse to Atari mouse position whenever
> mouse enters Hatari window and when window resolution changes.
> It requires line-A base to be known, which is the case when
> cartridge code is used, i.e. either GEMDOS HD or VDI mode is
> enabled (and that user hasn't disabled mouse warping).
> Otherwise things are as earlier.
> Is this something I could push to Hatari, or is not working
> without GEMDOS HD or VDI emulation too strange for users?
Looks dangerous. If a program takes over the full memory and uses its
own mouse handler, you might get completly wrong values from the ST
memory. If we really want to include such a thing (I'm really not sure
whether we should), you need to add more sanity checks here (e.g.
whether x and y is within range of the display) and maybe also add an
option to disable this feature.