Re: [hatari-devel] Synching host mouse position to Atari mouse position

Am Sat, 9 Nov 2019 10:32:35 +0100
schrieb Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Le 08/11/2019 à 23:34, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
>
> > Nicolas, you've fixed IKBD emulation for some demos, any
> > comments on detecting changed mouse handler?
> >

> Hi
>
> there's no mouse-only handler, it's mostly about replacing the whole
> ikbd's ROM with a custom program.
> In that case, when IKBD_Cmd_Execute is called, then it's quite likely
> a custom program was uploaded to ikbd's RAM and mouse/keyboard should
> be set back to their default hatari's behaviour.
>
> Maybe that instead of changing line-A variables another solution
> could be to change IKBD_Cmd_ReadAbsMousePos to intercept the returned
> values, sync/scale them to the host and then really return the new
> absolute positions ?

As far as I know, most programs (including TOS) rather use the relative
mouse mode instead of the absolute mode, so that likely only works in
some few programs.

But maybe it would be possible to fake relative coordinates based on
the absolute coordinates of the host mouse cursor, instead of using the
relative mouse motions of the host cursor? ... not sure whether that
would be much better than the behaviour that we currently already have,
though...