Re: [hatari-devel] Synching host mouse position to Atari mouse position

Le 10/11/2019 à 09:25, Thomas Huth a écrit :

As far as I know, most programs (including TOS) rather use the relative
mouse mode instead of the absolute mode, so that likely only works in
some few programs.

But maybe it would be possible to fake relative coordinates based on
the absolute coordinates of the host mouse cursor, instead of using the
relative mouse motions of the host cursor? ... not sure whether that
would be much better than the behaviour that we currently already have,
though...

Hi

yes, I didn' look in detail how TOS handles mouse movements, but intercepting absolute and/or relative coordinates from the ikbd might give some good results (fine tuning might be necessary in all cases to get the correct sync /speed up)

To get proper acceleration under everyone's PC, myabe we would need some SDL calls to get the current global screen resolution as well as the size of the hatari window (this one we have already). The ratio between desktop X/Y res and hatari X/Y size should be used to adapt the speed up / sync.