Re: [hatari-devel] Possible bug in CPU emulation?

Uwe Seimet schrieb:

> Any idea why nobody has ever noticed that before? CBHD was discontinued
> more than 22 years ago, and only now it has been found that with ICD
> compatible hardware it never worked for XHDI sector counts > 255? That's
> rather surprising, but of course not completely impossible.
> Do you know whether there is the same issue with Rwabs and sector counts
>> 255, or just with XHDI?

Tracing SCSI/ACSI commands and DMA register access with Hatari reveals
that with Rwabs any access is split into multiples of 127 (not even 255)
sectors. CBHD handles this incorrectly just with XHDI. I'm not going to
dig into CBHD to find out why -- unless someone comes up with the source
code.

Probably XHDI isn't used that much. Or CBHD itself isn't used that much.

Regards
Christian
--
Christian Zietz  -  CHZ-Soft  -  czietz@xxxxxxx