Re: [hatari-devel] Possible bug in CPU emulation?

Thorsten Otto schrieb:
> On Montag, 7. Oktober 2019 22:20:42 CEST Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
>>  the path to follow is indeed to find why it crashes on real HW,
>
> I agree, if it would be the other way around (only crashing on Hatari), it
> would be much easier to investigate this.
>
> If someone wants to look at this, first thing it would do is to add some debug
> output in mint that prints the basepage after Pexec(), so you know at least
> which module the PC belongs to.
>
> Anyway, just wanted to let you know. I know that it will be a tedious task to
> look after this, and unfortunately i cannot help with this.

In the meantime, I debugged it. See the details in the original ticket:
<https://github.com/freemint/freemint/issues/127>.

Short summary:
- It's a bug in the CBHD driver, trying to transfer more than 255
sectors in one go.
- Hatari inadvertently fixes this bug for CBHD because it does limit the
number of sectors like the ST's DMA would.

Regards
Christian
--
Christian Zietz  -  CHZ-Soft  -  czietz@xxxxxxx