|Re: [hatari-devel] New drive image settings|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] New drive image settings
- From: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2018 08:37:23 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1541835444; bh=oYOJxJ0hD/MI7UIPGOD+5e98n/F8URBc9Enp2g7rb2Y=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=NgtB+CRMBNomikkTSH0cozKNLEl7AuTjFZx7wtBda7QQcPJGHGDziOOOYr3VhOJFN vXr/u7w2hT0ntXE6f3UpZAnxeCVHTd89lF7kZoXDdNkSYN79rIJb+X3Fo5/6KIYQ9z sEI85t7mRQRsW2z6JBSiJnHoyiF9rRHsPaeGGKXGi+0knkNWfBLCf2qgXpWudAYPQs TOWCEc8+PnywYnvkIuNVXdR6dJMH8Cm8OuYaesJwQBr15YfBMKug7I7982GnGxiNsO uLY5SSVGXdKrpWlnQLjUMbyYKpyYWjcVO8oRevG7D1q6kDLan9ubDmD71vIz6SsmW4 rKQG4tusgPEFQ==
Am Fri, 9 Nov 2018 18:47:37 +0100
schrieb Uwe Seimet <Uwe.Seimet@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi Thomas,
> > As far as I can see, HDDriver now works without problems with the
> > new SCSI emulation in Hatari, or are you aware of any problem that
> > is left?
> I just tested a bit and could not find any obvious issue. Usually I'm
> using the TT and not the Falcon emulation, though.
> > > Thomas, have you tried CBHD? As that's the only other driver that
> > > is target-driven you might observe similar problems.
> > I just tried it for the very first time, but it seems only to crash
> > when I try to boot from a HD image where I installed it...
> I tried with CBHD 5.02 and 5.04, and there was no crash (neither in
> Falcon nor in TT mode), but no drives were created for the existing
> SCSI partitions. For IDE partitions drives were created, though.
> I won't dig deeper into this, because naturally I'm not really
> interested in CBHD. But looks as there is still a difference between
> the emulation and real hardware, which causes CBHD to fail.
> Note that I did not try to boot CBHD from an image but started it
> from a GEMDOS drive (from the desktop). When did it crash for you,
> before or after CBHD displayed it's startup message?
I tried CBHD 5.02, and it works when I load the driver from a floppy
disk image. It crashes when I try boot from a hard disk image where
I've installed the driver into the boot sector...
Anyway, I currently don't have time to debug this. There are now
already four other hard disk drivers which should work (HDDriver, AHDI,
Cecile (when IDE is enabled, too) and EmuTOS), so this should be
sufficient for now.