Re: [hatari-devel] New drive image settings

Am Wed, 10 Oct 2018 13:39:30 +0200
schrieb Uwe Seimet <Uwe.Seimet@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi,
>
> I ran some tests with a real Falcon, and the result is: The Falcon's
> sector count register seems to have a width of 16 bit.

Ok, thanks, I've now changed the code so that Hatari treats the sector
count register as 16 bits when running in Falcon mode, and HDDriver now
seems to work right for me!

> Note that from what I observed the Falcon's DMA chip reports an end
> address that is 16 bytes too high if the DATA IN phase was interrupted
> by a different phase, but the end address is correct if there was no
> interruption.

Very good hint, too, I've now also added a check for this.

As far as I can see, HDDriver now works without problems with the new
SCSI emulation in Hatari, or are you aware of any problem that is left?

> Thomas, have you tried CBHD? As that's the only other driver that is
> target-driven you might observe similar problems.

I just tried it for the very first time, but it seems only to crash
when I try to boot from a HD image where I installed it...