Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari and OUTSIDE (virtual memory manager)

Eero Tamminen schrieb:

> PS. I cannot test this with EmuTOS.  While EmuTOS runs "outside.prg"
> from auto (see "--trace os_base" output), it always complains that
> there isn't enough memory to run "outconf.app" regardless of how
> much memory I set in Hatari (e.g. 14 + 64 MB).

The reason for this, though, is that Uwe's OUTSIDE.IMG contains an
invalid file system. The C: drive on it has 16 bit FAT entries, but only
1003 clusters. The FAT filesystem specification unequivocally states:
"There is no such thing as a FAT16 volume that has less than 4085
clusters". EmuTOS's file system code adheres to the specification,
decides -- based on the number of clusters -- that this must be a FAT12
filesystem and consequently fails to properly read files (such as
OUTCONF.APP) from it.

This neither an issue with Hatari nor with EmuTOS but with the disk image.

Regards
Christian
--
Christian Zietz  -  CHZ-Soft  -  czietz@xxxxxxx