|Re: [hatari-devel] SCSI emulation|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: Uwe Seimet <Uwe.Seimet@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] SCSI emulation
- From: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2018 07:30:45 +0200
- Cc: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1537075846; bh=3zxfun/erBFIaQ1djVMcSDbE3M2WvRUECnwCDIoclVU=; h=Date:From:To:Cc:Subject:From; b=RvF+2H8SmYZZ2J3s9LckcR6+vX4uubbB0v/a8fXciDMn8op3cJCQVean/RA2fLpH6 4667dr/Fv0+AObrOugMBs+jzFgO+80MWE7UmaTMafes4R2mNcPqkhzvsWnXLw1naFh u5IMPIFChO+Tte8/iOY1zVcwb1FPcS/tMrZbLo++9av8ME9GNN/RitLB2uPAFERjIg +oES2JvVagJ6sCAoIY8M648oiacZMnKhEDawX/vRIXxfGhXlu9S2yxBGuCdUbvk5Le Yfx2fdvMQBzRr9rIyPZ2iy1QGpTAelaciUsBC36RPg2CqiiPE4sFZiXhQTRgF27Ndq mVQFlfjWedB2Q==
Am Wed, 12 Sep 2018 22:07:03 +0200
schrieb Uwe Seimet <Uwe.Seimet@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi Thomas,
> > > One more thing: I assume it is not to be expected yet that ASV
> > > can be run? Haven't used it for ages, but developed software on
> > > it for several years in the early 90s.
> > No, I don't think that it will work. I expect that ASV is using real
> > interrupts, and for that we need emulation of the 2nd MFP of the TT.
> > Currently, the only thing that is emulated is that one single bit
> > in the GPIP register which is used by HD drivers for polling.
> Just for fun I hacked the MODE SENSE code in hdc.c to not report an
> error for an unknown mode page. The ASV loader now loads several
> hundred sectors, which I assume is the complete kernel.) The double
> bus fault in the attached screenshot vanished after enabling MMU
> emulation and soft floating point support. Now, after displaying the
> boot messages, there is a warm boot, without any console output that
> would indicate what went wrong.
Wow, that's more than I expected already. Do you have any information
about that missing MODE SENSE page? Would it make sense to emulate it
in Hatari, or is it too specific for that certain drive?