|Re: [hatari-devel] SCSI emulation|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] SCSI emulation
- From: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2018 06:42:51 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1535863373; bh=NbqZFycN8G575I5C+SMM+eFgQxw1hDLyCGWcAHZj8xM=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=otxNlWB1UQSgc7jXKASbjdtyZ1QH/IG+deggdRSMnCPcqAnOLH+ohsQ2HGcTTxpLT vrz1Y3/u5ASHKLRD8JRwIbka/cX9JEk8Lf0ENu/EPhD7F3ym//FsdoWdB8tqPDvrmg BgTOmZVkMP7e49JsS49GFnvi1viPKypEgswtUbVxLTLlThN0nZLaEQ3TRYR2gprZ++ tE65VsfBlggYsrDrkATytIZxecyOB4707CZ8f6SL9yPmf+sPOtFBmnIOxJdoir2lfT r/XlXtMh3YhHZe3pgGQz2l+qGHLq0NV7oB3AdqaimFnZDA9RWCQiARyRJBgsStEvQ/ Q+vQa4TIFY4uQ==
Am Sat, 1 Sep 2018 14:27:42 +0200
schrieb Uwe Seimet <Uwe.Seimet@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi Thomas,
> > > When running SDRVTEST (available for download on
> > > https://www.hddriver.net/en/downloads.html) it reported some
> > > problems with the emulation, please see the attached log.
> > Ok, thanks a lot for the hint, I think I've found and fixed the bug
> > with the unsupported commands now. SDRVTEST now reports "OK" for a
> > SCSI drive attached with ID 0.
> > There still seem to be some problems with IDs > 0, though. E.g. with
> > https://www.hddriver.net/downloads/hddrdemo101_big_endian.img the
> > driver is initially loaded, but then fails to recognize the
> > partition table. Do you know what could be wrong here?
> Yes, things look better now. On my machine (Hatari) the partition
> table of the hddrdemo101_big_endian.img is detected and I can access
> the root directory/folder.
> Note that my copy of HDDRIVER is still configured for ID 1. Did you
> configure your copy to check SCSI ID 1? See "Devices and Partitions".
> Your problem with IDs > 0 might just be a configuration issue.
Yes, the problem went away after configuring HDDRIVER in the
> What does not work for me is launching an application (HDDRUTIL.APP
> from this image) or loading one of the text files. When trying to
> launch HDDRUTIL the desktop reappears and HDDRUTIL is not started,
> and when trying to load a text file (README or LIESMICH) from that
> image, Thing reports "Diese Anwendung kann das angegebene Object
> nicht finden".
> What I noticed is that START/STOP UNIT is sent from HDDRIVER, which it
> would usually not do, unless triggered by the status returned by a
I've never seen this problem here. For example with the
hddrdemo101_big_endian.img from your website, I can also successfully
read the LIESMICH file in that image when I double-click on it on the
What options are you using? I'm starting Hatari like this:
hatari --machine falcon --tos tos404.rom -log-level debug \
--scsi hddrdemo101_big_endian.img --trace scsi_cmd