|Re: [hatari-devel] Some findings|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Some findings
- From: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2018 10:38:03 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1536050286; bh=5Vgg+EYgO3UPGkKWvBRylrkxHX5AA4+4UVHzCZ4JFo8=; h=Subject:To:From:Date:From; b=JYDCXNosWeveUbQgoUpRUqM8iHh4FVxY/EaBZIXq255n+nMN3c5sohtVklHWNrKJt lteFfNXLRziQoFY6bNAM0y5t8CWWNqjhQiCn7VRcEJWDFE1cmK/jNW6wgjLOBU+4Xj /PglFQqjuWw/D6Xf//euRaO8XGTiZ4XLj/qXOXt0/GsH4EAytcN4jJnaKQOy2ET32o YdbH0NuGrugeQ9OVfx02G4V8plGj/WrjPyMu1zPdMRdI2i4wrOdvzAL6MQTvMF9naW 0qBgM3RCVG+mKu0+goXNrPXNeLNkPBdHpFrVGsa2Di2SDSqzxnL3bVAaU6v4iSnqlP s3lLrXEYoh9Og==
On 2018-09-04 10:22, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> Le 04/09/2018 à 06:37, Thomas Huth a écrit :
>> On 2018-09-03 18:51, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> I don't know what minimal version of gcc we can expect on the various
> architecture where people are usually building Hatari ? (raspberry and
> so on).
> Maybe gnu99 is just enough for now (or is there an equivalent or common
> syntax for clang too ?), as we don't intend to use all the newer C
> extension (neither use C++), just those that need changes when importing
> code from other projects.
I've done some more research: -std=gnu11 is available since GCC 4.7.
Considering that some people still might use older versions of GCC (e.g.
OpenBSD was stuck at 4.2 until a year ago, but now they switched to
Clang instead), gnu99 currently indeed seems to be the better choice