Re: [hatari-devel] Some findings

On Dienstag, 28. August 2018 15:57:27 CEST Nicolas Pomarède wrote:

> Yes, there's not enough space to display everything now with all options :(

BTW the assertion (in the debug version) could already be triggered by choosing a monochrome monitor:

In that case it is 65 chars (+terminating null). And another notice: the assert condition is IMHO also wrong:

assert(end - DefaultMessage.msg < MAX_MESSAGE_LEN);

end points to the '\0', and the buffer is MAX_MESSAGE_LEN+1, so that condition should be <=

>(it doesn't crash for me, but the overflow sure does happen anyway)

The msg buffer is part of a structure, so it should predictably overwrite the "timeout" variable in that structure. No idea why it sometimes crashes and sometimes don't, but the assertion will always trigger in the debug version.

>I think we could move some infos from 1st line into the 2nd line,

Or maybe use another font. Currently the SDLGui font is used, which is 10x16. Using 8x16 (for example the TOS system font) should give room for 80 chars.