Re: [hatari-devel] Lethal Xcess load state

On Sonntag, 24. Juni 2018 00:21:58 CEST Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> I don't know, this code is there since early version of Hatari. I agree
> saving tos path can be seen as redundant if you want to send the
> snapshot to someone else. But in the case you want to reload it on your
> PC and keep the paths in all the fileselectors, it can be useful.

Something that could help in this matter is to do something similar to what
Aranym does when reading/writing paths: use symbolic names. In Aranym, every
path that is not absolute is treated as relative to the config directory. A
leading tilde is expanded to the users home directory, a leading "*" is
replaced by the data directory etc. That avoids having absolute paths in the
config file in most cases.