Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari 6301 emulation

Le 27/10/2017 à 13:16, Troed Sångberg a écrit :
Now done. It was quite simple, I was tricked by other code I didn't understand first (I haven't done 6301 programming before)

It's trivial to create a special routine for this in Hatari*. However, I would really like to see the proper emulation included of course :) I recall there were some discussions many years ago on not being able to include Atari's keyboard binary due to copyright, but Hatari could still fake that case and allow binary uploads which in turn would be emulated properly.

/Troed

*) On receipt of the magic byte $42, output $4b and $13

Yes, I was thinking that there could be some kind of "auto" mode where Hatari would switch to true 6301 emulation when detecting the command to upload/execute code into the ikbd RAM.
That would allow to work without including the official IKBD ROM.

Then on next reset, go back to internal Hatari ikbd emulation.

Still, this remains a corner case and unlike someone has time to work on this, I think more useful features should be improved before that :)