Re: [hatari-devel] hatari tt scc emulation

Hi Thorsten,

> Because SCSI, 2nd MFP and SCU are not accessible from user programs. But the
> SCC is, indirectly through some XBIOS calls.

Is this really a argument about generate a bus erro ro not? I dont
thnik so.

> And because MiNT uses the TOS routines for accessing it, rather than
> providing a driver on its own.

But thats is the normal behavior of MiNT! MiNT is a GEMDOS replacement
and uses the driver of the underlying TOS. If you have a loadable
driver, it is a bonus but not a must.

> Maybe installing some other driver (e.g. from the HSMDODEM package)
> will prevent the crash?

I can check it. But i think, it will not help. If you habe a TT, you
have a defined set of hardware including a SCC. It is not a PC which
may have such hardware as a extension. So there is no need for a TT
driver to probe for some hardware. For a TT you know, which harware is
present!

Regards
Michael