Re: [hatari-devel] hatari tt scc emulation

Am Sun, 23 Jul 2017 11:02:53 +0200
schrieb Christian Zietz <czietz@xxxxxxx>:

> Given that I was the one who "pushed" Michael to report this issue
> here in the first place, I feel I have to add to him: Sorry, but
> currently the workaround for the crash you experience with your MiNT
> setup seems to be: Don't use Hatari's TT emulation but a real TT.

Yes. Hatari's TT emulation is clearly marked as *experimental* :

https://hg.tuxfamily.org/mercurialroot/hatari/hatari/raw-file/tip/doc/manual.html#Experimental_TT_hardware_emulation

So this means *incomplete* machine emulation and lots of *bugs*.
There is just way too much stuff missing from TT emulation (especially
the second MFP) to be able to provide a real usable TT emulator at the
current point in time. Sorry if there were different expectations out
there, but that's just what "experimental" means in this context.

So instead of wasting our time to discuss incomplete work-around for
the current problems, we rather need someone who steps up and implements
the missing pieces for complete TT emulation.