Re: [hatari-devel] hatari tt scc emulation

Thomas Huth schrieb:

>> 3. Use incorrect SCC register handling to avoid the crashes
>
> Please don't do this - that just changes the problem into a different
> one. I'm pretty sure somebody will then complain in a year or two "my
> hardware detection in my program XY does not work right since you're
> not generating bus errors for hardware that you do not emulate"! ...
> We've had that in the past already...

I understand your reasoning. But yet, Hatari follows this approach for
all(?) other TT hardware that it doesn't emulate. No bus errors are
being generated for access to SCSI, SCU, 2nd MFP, etc. Why is the SCC
different?

Given that I was the one who "pushed" Michael to report this issue here
in the first place, I feel I have to add to him: Sorry, but currently
the workaround for the crash you experience with your MiNT setup seems
to be: Don't use Hatari's TT emulation but a real TT.

Regards
Christian
--
Christian Zietz  -  CHZ-Soft  -  czietz@xxxxxxx