Re: [hatari-devel] resizable windows

As I wrote: When you select a pixel clock (how many unique transitions) in a specific timing (border end, start) vs number of scanlines - to fit in a specific physical format (4:3) you have defined a pixel aspect ratio.

It's completely irrelevant that you _could_ make manual changes on your monitor. The above is what was define in the hardware. Any changes after the signal gets sent to the monitor is more along the lines of "monitor emulation".

It is not irrelevant, because when anyone can adjust his settings (well, in fact everyone had to) if is irrelevant what pixel clock there was, because the monitor settings determined what user saw, and that is what is important here (imo)

This is the reason why I sourced comments from graphics artists who used to work on the platform. It's also the reason why other emulators on other platforms with non-square pixels have settings for it.

Sure, their input is valid, so ask them about colors on different monitors and/or on TVs, and how they hated that one pixel masterpiece that looked perfectly on one monitor, looked like crap on another.

I'm just unsure there is a single default that will be ok for everyone.

Semper Fidelis