Re: [hatari-devel] resizable windows

I do not consider this to be "monitor emulation". Atari ST pixels were not square - it's "Atari ST emulation".

(Analogue video circuitry means Atari knew full well what aspect ratio a chosen pixel clock and timings for the horisontal line would create vs the number of vertical lines on a 4:3 screen)

SC1435 has screen width settings, so you can have any aspect you like within its min/max. SC1224 too. Other monitors too. So, I do not think that there is a special aspect ratio. As for comapring to TV signal, you can't do that because TV signal line does not have definition of a pixel, so there is no reference point there. The only reference might be TV specs, but that might be hard to dig.

--
Semper Fidelis

Adam Klobukowski
adamklobukowski@xxxxxxxxx