|Re: [hatari-devel] resizable windows|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] resizable windows
- From: David Savinkoff <dsavnkff@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 12:40:38 -0600 (MDT)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=telus.net; s=neo; t=1497897638; bh=Q4s3ZlJCaCZj+FWbCVVhBSuzJVy0ycDXwCXZDCLXT+s=; h=Date:From:To:In-Reply-To:Subject; b=WrkW5NuTxVQ5GP9xsIumfiy8FSeLRSp16PkzuPaLiM+pb7Z/W3SukTguma1iIb4wA wahKEaYx48z0u1Zuv1bUUXO6BhkfRe7ih5EeC1KsNrtZHGOxPlFb69q+i1VLmH6zJX XxSHDEO/I5ctg9U2jTix1irsZA7rpL6B8dCNETOUnwOJRwPb4eJQDL0uGh0TQKFfwj Ur1bUZZf7FySWJXxU0qE2aT9XMukn227B2rH6icsV4jRh/JOsUCZA6Af8RGzGiOB4P cjdPkZvsfiAFpIxdFR8//4Pb3h3rfQ+uLPQ+GvMjya/BQ06cgKN8p6W/IYhUkcVXJa xErP204eEzsJQ==
- Thread-index: 34ZOgcx9TvEpcmcWIIpoPFMl6vWDvQ==
- Thread-topic: resizable windows
----- Thomas Huth wrote:
> On 18.06.2017 16:16, Troed Sångberg wrote:
> > I re-iterate that the current aspect ratio is wrong
> I think no one denies that - it's just that nobody had time to implement
> correct aspect ratio in Hatari yet ;-)
> > Atari pixels are
> > 0.9/1 and anyone who cares about round objects looking round either when
> > developing in Hatari for use on target, or for watching stuff made on
> > target long ago on a modern monitor, you _need_ to change the aspect ratio.
> By the way, I think the same aspect ratio problem also applies to DVD
> video. If you've got some spare time, have a look at Monty's talk here:
> So if that info in that video is right, the correct ratio is likely
> 10:11 (instead of 9:10).
To get these aspect ratios, I think stretching the y-axis is better
than shrinking the x-axis.
Use SDL2 or add extra scan line every 10th line?
How much 'monitor emulation' should be done in Hatari?