Re: [hatari-devel] Re: Feature request: allow to specify "-d" with autostart

On 05/11/2017 11:50 PM, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Le 11/05/2017 à 21:38, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
At the moment, autostart will provide a default desktop.inf set to low
res = 40 columns ; do you think it could be possible to add an option to
choose the autostart resolution (low or med) ?

There are few options for solving your problem.

1. If there's an existing desktop/newdesk/emudesk INF
    file, Hatari provides (virtually) modified version
    of it that just adds autostart stuff

2. User can override the resolution

1) would already allow you to configure things to
start in medium resolution.  I think it would
be in general be better, that way you set it just
once, and it works automatically afterwards.

(Not sure when I have time to look at it though.)

I was wondering if it was possible to patch "on the fly" the desktop.inf
included in tos.c to put either low or med res ?

vdi.c has code for patching on-disk INF files
(see end of the vdi.c).

That code could be used also for autostart, but I
think at the same time VDI code should be changed
also to provide virtual INF file like autostart does,
instead of modifying the one on disk.