Re: [hatari-devel] Re: Feature request: allow to specify "-d" with autostart

On 05/10/2017 01:30 PM, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
regarding autostart, I sometimes wants to run some of my HW testing
programs that will display results on the screen.
But as the text is long, it expects the screen to be 80 columns
(ie, the desktop is in med res)

For tests text output, I just use this option:
	--conout 2

Or this, which enables also above:
	--trace os_base

To see the Atari text output on console where
I started hatari.

At the moment, autostart will provide a default desktop.inf set to low
res = 40 columns ; do you think it could be possible to add an option to
choose the autostart resolution (low or med) ?

There are few options for solving your problem.

1. If there's an existing desktop/newdesk/emudesk INF
   file, Hatari provides (virtually) modified version
   of it that just adds autostart stuff

2. User can override the resolution

1) would already allow you to configure things to
start in medium resolution.  I think it would
be in general be better, that way you set it just
once, and it works automatically afterwards.

(Not sure when I have time to look at it though.)

Note that if hatari starts in high res (-m switch), there's nothing to
change as only high res / 80 columns is possible. Same for VDI.