Re: [hatari-devel] FPU update

On 01/24/2017 05:36 PM, Douglas Little wrote:
Over lunch I modified the test to support a 'diagnostic_mode' build flag
which changes the test behaviour such that every individual result is
recorded (in record mode) and compared (in test mode), without any hashing.
If a delta is detected it immediately raises a trapcc which in turn prints
a failure message, reporting (approximately) the affected FPU instruction
address and then continues execution. I say approximately because its a
variable number of program words from the actual exception address - near
enough to be useful though.

You can catch these exceptions immediately in Hatari by starting with the
following params:

 --debug-except nohandler,trapv

Alternatively you can augment the trap handler ($1c) in the code itself, to
do whatever you want.

I did things this way because catching FPU exceptions (as you discuss
above) would need to be handled in a similar kind of way. However actually
getting it to work might involve a bit more effort. Not sure yet.

I'll post the modified code and binaries later on. The expectd.dat file
will need to be recorded on real HW though - I have currently only
generated one for Hatari 2.00...

So this can be used also to test differences between different
Hatari FPU emulation modes (or FPU models)...