Re: [hatari-devel] Re: FPU options

On 10/30/2016 10:50 AM, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Le 30/10/2016 à 00:10, Eero Tamminen a écrit :

Then I noticed that there's partly commented out
"--fpu-compatible" option, and fully functioning
"bCompatibleFPU" config file option corresponding
to it.

What should be done with that:
- Enable the cli option
- Remove the cli option completely
- Remove both cli & config option
?

bCompatibleFPU is mapped to WinUAE's "fpu_strict" variable, which is
only used when JIT is enabled.

Oh, so it's completely useless currently.

As we don't use JIT at the moment, I think we can comment cli option for
now, one less option will be easier to read when running "hatari --help"

As for the config option, I think we can remove it too and always set
bCompatibleFPU=true for now.

Ok, I commented out / ifdeffed the non-functioning option from SDL GUI,
config file and cli.  I left it still to internal config struct for
memory snapshot compatibility.

Please check:
https://hg.tuxfamily.org/mercurialroot/hatari/hatari/rev/34bb77eec376

This option should be renamed later to fpu-strict or similar anyway.

Right, and we should first have JIT support...

Btw. One more option usability issue is --addr24 option.  24-bits
is default for all machines so IMHO more user friendly option name
would be --addr32 (which would be named "32-bit addressing" in SDL GUI).

Any comments on that? :-)