Re: [hatari-devel] MacOsX work

On Sat, 27 Aug 2016, Troed Sångberg wrote:

... but after all that I now have a new binary built. There does seem to be some UI issues (text at FPU selection) and I would very much like it if others can test this binary. Compared
to my previous builds it's done on a new version of the OS, new Xcode, I use a self-built fat SDL2 .dylib instead of the distributed Framework etc etc.

Hello,

I've tried the binary on 10.11.6 (Mac Pro and Macbook Pro) and it worked fine with both. Worth to mention is that I do not have macports installed so it's not dependent on that, very good.

As you mention the macOS UI has some smaller glitches visually, but nothing that makes it unusable.

See screenshot:
http://ae.dhs.nu/pics/hataridevprefs20160827.png

One thing that always bugged me about the macOS UI is that the OK button is not the default. I can't remember how many times I've made configuration changes and pressed enter to finish. Only to lose all the changes. Annoying as it works the opposite way normal apps do.

One bug that seems to have appeared with SDL 2 is if you have audio playing in the emulated Atari, then go to macOS dropdown menu (to enter preferences for example) then Hatari loops a small part of the audio creating a loud noise. I think the audio should be muted when entering the drop down menu instead.

I've sparsley tested Falcon in 060/32 mode, and it is excessivly slow. I'm not sure if it's the same in 1.9.0 or not, need to investigate further.

But the binary works, I think nothing of the above mentioned issues are related to your build. Great work as always :)

--
Anders Eriksson
ae@xxxxxx     http://www.dhs.nu/