Re: [hatari-devel] From a short trip to Windows land

Am Mon, 16 May 2016 08:38:57 +0200
schrieb Uwe Seimet <Uwe.Seimet@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Without udev the SCSI Driver itself gets the media change message when
> the device reports it. When udev is active udev gets this message, and
> the SCSi Driver has to (indirectly) get the message from udev.
> All in all a device reports a media change only once, even though
> several processes may be interested in it. This is why special
> handling is required, not just with Linux but in general.

Ah, ok, thanks a lot for the explanation!
(by the way, some more comments like this in the source code of
nf_scsidrv.c would be really helpful).

> > Am Sun, 15 May 2016 23:12:57 +0300
> > schrieb Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Ok, I've put the status message now on two lines, I hope that's ok now.

> > I had a very quick look at that code. Apart from the fact that it
> > does not match Hatari's coding style (please pay attention to that
> > when you accept new code!) ...

.... and I've now used "astyle" to adapt nf_scsidrv.c to the generic
coding style of Hatari (i.e. use TABs instead of spaces for
indentation).