Re: [hatari-devel] DIP switch support

On 13 May 2016 at 21:44, Thomas Huth wrote:

> Am Tue, 10 May 2016 21:17:49 -0400
> schrieb "Roger Burrows" <anodyne@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > Hi Eero,
> > On 11 May 2016 at 0:10, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> > >
> > > That link seems to be TT-only, but Roger mentions also Falcon,
> > > are they the switches same for Falcon:
> >
> > No, I was wrong, there are no switches for the Falcon.  The link
> > seems to be accurate; note that the use of sw1 for the CaTTamaran is
> > not Atari-sanctioned (but may well be accurate).
>
> Changing Hatari to return the default values for the DIP switches
> should be pretty easy, I can do that... question is: Is there any
> real need for making this selectable for the users, too, e.g. to be able
> to fake the setting for the CaTTamaran?

I would not think so, but I don't want to speak for others.

Just a point to note: changing the switches to return the correct values will
cause EmuTOS to detect the presence of an HD floppy drive, so it will act
differently when accessing the floppy.  That may show up other issues with
floppy handling in EmuTOS or Hatari.  Since I don't attempt to keep my copy of
the Hatari source current, it would be helpful to know when the change is made
so I can update my copy of Hatari.

Roger