Re: [hatari-devel] Reload ROM/floppy on reset

Am Sat, 9 Apr 2016 16:40:52 +0200
schrieb Vincent Rivière <vincent.riviere@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Hello.
>
> Hatari is very handy for cross-development. Developing on the host
> OS, then running on Hatari.
>
> But there is a very annoying behaviour: in most cases, Hatari does
> not reload the ROM or floppy images or reset.
>
> My wish would be to use the following scenario:
> - Build a new ROM or floppy image, outside Hatari
> - Run Hatari for testing
> - Change the sources
> - Build again
> - Use AltGr+R in Hatari to reboot and see the changes
>
> Currently, it seems that AltGr+R never reloads ROM/floppy.

That's maybe doable for ROM images, but I think it's not so straight
forward for floppy (and other writable) images: Imagine there have been
changes on both side, in floppy data that is currently used in the
emulator and in the floppy image file on the host. Now before loading
the floppy image again during reset, Hatari would first need to write
back the changes from the emulator to the floppy image file, otherwise
the changes from the emulated system would get lost. This of course
overwrites your changed file on the host file system. ... to be really
save, you always have to eject the floppy image from the emulator first
before you change it directly in the host.