Re: [hatari-devel] Gamma correction

----- Miro Kropáček wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 8:19 PM, David Savinkoff <dsavnkff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Gamma is not Hatari's
> > problem if Hatari doesn't do the things I mentioned. If SDL2 scales
> > things, that is SDL2 business. If your monitor is bad, that is not Hatari's
> > problem.
> >

> I'm still not 100% convinced about this. If there's a red pixel which looks
> on CRT monitors like full intensity but on LCD monitors looks like half of
> that value, it's Hatari's bug because SDL2 can't know what was the source
> of the pixel -- the videogame's graphician wanted to appear it as full
> intensity and he had used a CRT monitor. On the other hand, today the same
> graphician would use an LCD monitor, therefore there wouldn't be need for
> gamma correction.
>
> --
> MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
> http://mikro.atari.org

Hopefully Hatari uses standardized colors that can be corrected by
the display that they are used on.

It may be possible for Hatari to have a customizable palette too.

I believe someone should measure the color DAC voltages
(with monitor connected) so that Hatari can output video voltages
for historical purposes.