Re: [hatari-devel] Removed 8-bit-only screen rendering functions

Le 01/11/2015 22:37, Thomas Huth a écrit :
Am Sun, 1 Nov 2015 19:19:07 +0100
schrieb Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Le 01/11/2015 18:06, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
Hi,

perjantai 30 lokakuu 2015 22:47:36 Thomas Huth kirjoitti:
I've now committed some patches to remove the rendering functions
that can only output to 8-bit host screen surfaces (i.e. 256 color
modes). I think nobody uses 256-color modes anymore today, so it
should be fine if we limit the support in Hatari to 16-bit and
32-bit graphic modes.

Sounds good.  On cursory glance, patches looked OK.

If you've got some spare time, please check whether mono, VDI, TT
and Falcon screen modes are still working for you as expected,
since I changed quite a bit to get everything working with one
generic screen conversion function.

With ST/STE emulation:

* Monochrome VDI gives me now red-white color, not black-white:
   ./hatari -s 4 --vdi-planes 1 --vdi-width 640 --vdi-height 400

Hi,
confirmed, got a red-white screen too.

Palette handling was not working in monochrome VDI mode yet - sorry, I
just checked the 16-bit color VDI mode. ==> Should be fixed now.

* Normal monochrome mode works as expected.

With TT-emulation:

* VDI modes don't work at all, they all show just black

works slightly better for me, using ./hatari -s 4 --vdi-planes 1
--vdi-width 640 --vdi-height 400 + tos 306fr :
I also get red-white color instead of black-white, but the screen
looks interlaced : 1 normal line, 1 empty line , ...

different results from you, but not correct anyway.

Apart from the color problems (which should hopefully be fixed now),
did Hatari behave differently before? I think in TT mode, TOS is even
more picky about the right resolution setting than in ST mode ... so
for example 640x400 is not working for me at all in TT mode, but 640x480
seems to work ok. But I think this is not a new problem and also
existed with the old VDI mode rendering functions. Or is it a
regresssion for you?

color problem is fixed with your latest changes.
Also, I tried an older version an I confirm the broken / interlaced result was present before, so this is not a regression related to your code.