Re: [hatari-devel] STF/STE using WinUAE CPU in prefetch mode -> CE mode available

Le 01/11/2015 23:34, Thomas Huth a écrit :
Am Thu, 29 Oct 2015 00:38:07 +0100
schrieb Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Le 30/09/2015 12:54, Nicolas Pomarède a écrit :

Next step on the list is to use WinUAE cpu's "cycle exact" mode and
update Hatari to use it in order to get precise bus accesses for
each instructions, but this will take some time (for example, this
would allow to remove hard coded pairing instructions)

Hi

as announced, cycle exact mode is now available for 68000 STF/STE
(using WinUAE's great CPU)

Great stuff, thanks a lot for your hard work, Nicolas!

If you find some problems, try to run Hatari with "--cpu-exact 0" to
see if problem is also there in non-CE mode.

I tried a couple of games and demos but did not see anything unusual so
far. In the intro of "Lethal Excess", I noticed a lot of "Address
Error" messages printed in the console - but this seems to happen with
non-excact mode, too, and even with old UAE core, so this is apparently
not a new issue...?

No, it's not new. Some games/demos sometimes do address errors on purpose to avoid testing the end of a list of value in very optimized code (better brute-read data always and have a rare slower case just in a few cases). Difference in old uae cpu core was that those messages were removed or shown less frequently after a certain count was reached.
I will remove them later once everything seems fine.