Re: [hatari-devel] STF/STE using WinUAE CPU in prefetch mode -> CE mode available

Am Thu, 29 Oct 2015 00:38:07 +0100
schrieb Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Le 30/09/2015 12:54, Nicolas Pomarède a écrit :
>
> > Next step on the list is to use WinUAE cpu's "cycle exact" mode and
> > update Hatari to use it in order to get precise bus accesses for
> > each instructions, but this will take some time (for example, this
> > would allow to remove hard coded pairing instructions)
>
> Hi
>
> as announced, cycle exact mode is now available for 68000 STF/STE
> (using WinUAE's great CPU)

Great stuff, thanks a lot for your hard work, Nicolas!

> If you find some problems, try to run Hatari with "--cpu-exact 0" to
> see if problem is also there in non-CE mode.

I tried a couple of games and demos but did not see anything unusual so
far. In the intro of "Lethal Excess", I noticed a lot of "Address
Error" messages printed in the console - but this seems to happen with
non-excact mode, too, and even with old UAE core, so this is apparently
not a new issue...?