Re: [hatari-devel] Feedback SDL2 support

----- David Savinkoff wrote:
> ----- David Savinkoff wrote:
> > ----- David Savinkoff wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Tested OK.
> > > Hatari compiled with SDL2 on CentOS 6, Dell Inspiron 1525.
> > > SDL2 is better than SDL1 on this laptop.
> > >
> > > I'll ?attempt SDL2 on CentOS 5, 1GHz pentium3 in the next week.
> > >

> > I succeeded with SDL2 on CentOS 5, 1GHz pentium3. Hatari runs
> > almost as fast as SDL1. There are some occasional problems when
> > I toggle the full screen mode (F11). I'll have to investigate further.
> >
> Hi,
>
> When I toggle SDL2 fullscreen <F11>, the mouse cursor gets repositioned
> because of the different screen sizes. The mouse cursor doesn't always
> get repositioned in a manner that I understand... probably in an
> incorrect manner. This probably causes the host computer to change
> 'window focus' when changing the screen sizes; giving bogus coordinates
> and wreaking havoc.
>
> Here is a possible clue that makes a slight difference:
>
> (hatari/src/main.c)
>
> /**
>  * Set mouse pointer to new coordinates and set flag to ignore the mouse event
>  * that is generated by SDL_WarpMouse().
>  */
> void Main_WarpMouse(int x, int y)
> {
> #if WITH_SDL2
> 	SDL_WarpMouseInWindow(sdlWindow, x, y);
> #else
> 	SDL_WarpMouse(x, y);
> 	bIgnoreNextMouseMotion = true;
> #endif
> //	bIgnoreNextMouseMotion = true;  ^moved up^  **NOTICE HERE**
>
> }
>
> ***
> Hopefully this info will be helpful. Note that this does not
> solve the problem.

Hi,
The following was noticed on Hatari(old core), SDL2, CentOS6
(The laptop where Hatari SDL2 works great).

The good
1) run hatari and position mouse in approximately center of hatari screen
2) press F11 and notice that mouse is correctly in the same relative spot
3) toggle F11 a few times and note that all works properly as expected.

The bad
4) run hatari and position mouse in Top Left of hatari screen.
5) press F11 and notice that mouse is incorrectly GONE. (repeat a few times)

The ugly
6) run hatari and note that the hatari window is centered on the desktop.
7) move the hatari window.
8) press F11 and note that hatari is full screen.
9) press F11 and note that the hatari window is !!! centered on the desktop.
10) repeat (7) to (9) to note that the hatari window is erroneously re-centered.

Thus there is a problem with the mouse and the window in SDL2
(this problem may manifest itself differently on different systems).