Re: [hatari-devel] bug: WinUAE CPU ignores debugger output log file

Le 17/05/2015 19:10, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
Hi,

On torstai 14 toukokuu 2015, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Le 13/05/2015 22:02, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
I think console_out_f() should use the log file user selected.

As a result of this, Hatari UI throws an exception when
one opens the debugger window because debugger (register
dump) output file is empty.  To fix it, WinUAE CPU core
log output stuff should be handled properly.

this is fixed ; I checked with 'd', 'm' and 'r' commands that output now
goes to the file provided with the 'f' command.

Thanks, Python GUI's basic debugger window works now!

IMHO the fix is a bit ugly though, with global variable and
define doing if/else.

You should be able to remove the "if" by using "stdout"
instead of NULL in newcpu.c functions.

Hi

I know it's ugly, but I'd rather leave it this way. This avoid having to initialize the file handler at each start of the cpu emulation.

I discussed about this with tony, maybe he will have some changes one day to better specify the output method, which could be used in Hatari also.

For now, I try to be the less intrusive possible in WinUAE's code, because merging Hatari's specific with WinUAE is already quite long.