Re: [hatari-devel] Re: 040/060 emulation issue with Q2

Sorry - here is the full config:

* Falcon
* 68030
* 16MHz
* DSP = full
* FPU = 68882 (compatible, slower)
* 14MB ram

** RTC emulation
** blitter emulation
** cycle exact mode AND/OR prefetch mode
** 24bit addressing

The problems stop if I disable BOTH cycle exact and prefetch modes - which had always been enabled by default in the past (even if the later isn't really appropriate on Falcon). Either one will cause the compiled code to crash.

When disabling these settings, the emulated speed is nearly double the expected speed of a Falcon (but does appear to run normally). This is reflected in the FPS being 50-100% higher in most cases.

The DSP is not involved in the crash (it does get kickstarted via XBios quite early during setup, but isn't communicated with directly until long after all setup is complete - the crashes occur during data loading and game AI setup, much earlier)..

Doug.