Re: [hatari-devel] EmuTOS ACSI problem (was: Hatari snapshots)

Am Sat, 22 Nov 2014 00:13:57 +0100
schrieb Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxx>:

> Am Fri, 21 Nov 2014 15:59:14 -0500
> schrieb "Roger Burrows" <rfburrows@xxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > Hi Thomas,
> > On 21 Nov 2014 at 21:23, Thomas Huth wrote:

> > > I gave it a quick try and it seems like EmuTOS still does not work
> > > with hg tip version of Hatari yet. Looks like it is running into
> > > timeout_gpip() or so ... not sure yet, why this happens, though.
> > >
> > OK, I'll take a look at this using 1.8.0 and see if I can figure out
> > what's going on.
>
> I think this might be a bug in current Hatari: The
> Acsi_WriteCommandByte() code in Hatari calls FDC_SetIRQ() at the end
> to signal that a byte has been received successfully - but the MFP
> GPIP line stays high.
>
> Nicolas, could you maybe have a look? The logic in FDC_SetIRQ() seems
> quite new to me - something goes wrong there so that GPIP does not get
> set to low... Do we maybe have to call FDC_ClearIRQ() somewhere else
> in the HDC code?

After doing some reading, I think the IRQ line of the HDC should be
disabled right at the start when a new command byte is sent (and of
course it has to be enabled again once the byte has been accepted).
I've committed a fix, EmuTOS now seems to recognize the ACSI disks
again.