Re: [hatari-devel] GEMDOS HD emulation access rights issue

On perjantai 10 lokakuu 2014, Uwe Seimet wrote:
> > > By the way, before your change I noticed that when changing settings
> > > in HDDRUTIL, HDDRUTIL now reports that the write operation failed.
> > > This worked fine with Hatari 1.8.0 and earlier.
> >
> > Does this happen both with ACSI & IDE or just one of them?
>
> This happens when writing the settings to a GEMDOS drive. Just start
> HDDRUTIL from a GEMDOS drive and, for instance, open the "Devices and
> Partitions" dialog. Then just click OK. HDDRUTIL now tries to
> re-configure the HDDRIVER binary, and this operation fails. With Hatari
> 1.8.0 and earlier it works fine.

Fixed.

This was pretty embarrasing bug, check for read-only status was reverted
in my changes for making Hatari GEMDOS HD emulation to behave more like
real TOS: none of the TOS versions enforce Fopen() read/write settings when
program does Fread/write calls, checking is only done at Fopen() call.

Testing it more was on my TODO list, but I hadn't gotten around to that
yet (I should have done that before commit, but I accidentally commited
it earlier with some other changes, as accidents like that are a bit
easier with hg than git).

Btw. When you have any GEMDOS HD emulation issues, best is to use
"--trace gemdos", it will tell right away what operation fails and why.