Re: [hatari-devel] Using device files as drive images?

Thank you for checking the locking APIs.

> Don't use automount for things which you access also directly.
> Or at least make sure to unmount them before that.

Sure, but I was just wondering whether there might be a way to
technically address this issue.

> > And not to use device files with partitions that are mounted.
>
> How do you propose detecting that, by parsing /proc/mounts?

It was not my intention to propose anything. I was just wondering
whether this issue can be addressed.

> > With file images there is the same problem, but in practice
> > auto-mounting file images is much less common than auto-mounting
> > removable media.
>
> Are you suggesting using advisory locking to prevent
> multiple Hatari processes accidentally using the same
> image files?

;-) No, just for completeness sake I mentioned that not only device
files but also image files are affected.

Take care

Uwe