|[hatari-devel] Using device files as drive images?|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [hatari-devel] Using device files as drive images?
- From: Uwe Seimet <Uwe.Seimet@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 19:40:48 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; t=1413049248; l=522; s=domk; d=seimet.de; h=Content-Disposition:Content-Type:MIME-Version:Subject:To:From:Date; bh=9mriDbql4ydrgK8zXZM6HFjnt8g=; b=d/cCIBdQ92o62FvapBkGy/tvngbhWZBEST8y4oQLvc4PsVcsVKSFjw09EmtqDUn7lN+ 5MFGJmg2vg8sMlXxFwS8fHKs9I97XrfW+rQPI7iUpXTYRlvC20dqATTrHIXhWcA5idThF OA15ilHGX8yH4fVFORRlocqSidO+h/aJZiE=
Looks as if with Hatari it is not possible to use device files as hard disk
images? When I select /dev/sdc, for instance, as drive image file this
input is not accepted, but it is discarded without any message.
Being able to use device files would be great in particular for
exchanging data on memory cards between the Atari and other systems. A
lot of Atari users are using memory cards instead of hard disk drives
Aranym supports this, by the way, at least under Linux.