Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari binary packages are missing all the tools

Am Sun, 12 Oct 2014 00:35:07 +0300

> Hi,
>
> On sunnuntai 12 lokakuu 2014, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> > Le 11/10/2014 21:43, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
> > > As to the stuff under tests/ directory, "keymap" is important
> > > for any user writing his own keyboard mappings for Hatari,
>
> Note: CMake stuff for building & installing the SDL key tester
> programs is currently missing.  That should probably be added
> first and resulting binaries names prefixed e.g. with "sdl-".

Do we still need that at all? I've recently added tracing to the keymap
functions in Hatari, too, so if you want to find out about a symbolic
mapping value, you can now also simply start hatari with "--trace
keymap".

> > Maybe Troed will have time to update the OSX archive, as he
> > provided the 1.8.0 for OSX.
>
> On OSX everything that CMake "make install" installs, should
> be included to the package (e.g. hconsole stuff going to
> DATADIR/hconsole), except for the python UI stuff (as that
> needs Gtk and OSX has its own UI).

I wonder whether the "normal" OS X users need the command line tools
at all ... or did anybody ever complain that they are missing?