Re: [hatari-devel] AVI recording crash

Le 14/08/2014 14:26, Adam Klobukowski a écrit :
For a given machine ST/TT/Falcon there is a highest resolution possible.
So, for AVI recording, Hatari should force this window size, and scale
actual resolution to this window. For ST/E this is pretty
straightforward, but for Falcon we need to remember to keep good scale
ratio.

Yes, one possible solution is to consider you always record at max possible res on the Atari's monitor. If current video mode is the same as this max res, you record as it is, if video mode is lower than max res, then you upscale first to match max res, then you record.

That could be possible, but would need some work, and there're not that much cases at the moment.

But in STF/STE mode, that's something I intend to do later for better video emulation : consider your color screen has some mid res pixels horizontally (approx 860 if you consider overscan) and 313 line. This would be the working resolution at max precision (as seen by the shifter on eral HW), then it could be scaled down when rendering, depending on what scaling option the user chose.