Re: [hatari-devel] Is it me or the new hatari release is slow ?

OK, I've uploaded a fix which resynchronize the table with the current CPU31 instructions.

There were some unuseful instructions that may have been removed by a previous change I removed too from the table.
Everything works OK now (as before the change number 5007).

Regards
Laurent

Le 01/06/2014 23:18, Nicolas Pomarède a écrit :
Le 01/06/2014 22:10, Laurent Sallafranque a écrit :
 > I hardly see how just adding an illegal opcode (that is not used in
your test program I guess ?) can slow down the whole cpu emulation ?

I've tested again and again, the rev 5007 is the one.
I think I know what's the problem :
  My 68030 cycles table is static (see falcon_cycle030.h).

If you changed something into table68k, it may have shift the static
cycles table.
As my effect use a lot of the same instructions, a change in the timing
is probably the answear.

I changed some flags about the registers allowed for bchg/bclr/bset,
because PC8r and PC16 are not allowed.

But it shouldn't matter in your static table ? It's just that some entries in your table don't have a valid opcode anymore, so this should still work ?