Re: [hatari-devel] OS X performance problem

On perjantai 30 toukokuu 2014, Bob Carpenter wrote:
> The status bar update fixed the problem. It is great to have it back!
> Thanks for making the change so that the status bar is usable on OS X. I
> do notice that the LED simply turns on and off now. In some of the
> earlier development versions and possibly 1.7, the drive LED actually
> pulsed to simulate drive activity.

It wasn't pulsing to simulate drive activity, but using different
colors to indicate different kind of activity.  That shouldn't have
changed.

I just fixed track info to do statusbar update only when something
actually changed (like everyhing else in statusbar already did),
and instead of each statusbar item doing its own update, there being
just one (bigger) update.

> However, since the track readout is
> there, that gives me the same information. I used to look at the pulsing
> drive LED to confirm that the disk was being read. I did see one brief
> pulse, but that could have been my imagination.

Make sure you try the same disk/game/program you did earlier.