Re: [hatari-devel] OS X performance problem

On lauantai 31 toukokuu 2014, Bob Carpenter wrote:
> On May 30, 2014, at 5:20 PM, Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I just fixed track info to do statusbar update only when something
> > actually changed (like everyhing else in statusbar already did),
> > and instead of each statusbar item doing its own update, there being
> > just one (bigger) update.
> >
> >> However, since the track readout is
> >> there, that gives me the same information. I used to look at the
> >> pulsing drive LED to confirm that the disk was being read. I did see
> >> one brief pulse, but that could have been my imagination.
> >
> > Make sure you try the same disk/game/program you did earlier.
>
> I have tried several games and so far I have not seen a difference
> between my earlier 1.7 development version and the 1.8 development
> version that I compiled a couple of days ago. I can only assume the
> difference was in my imagination.

Ok, good to hear.

I just commited change with which there should be only
one SDL_UpdateRects() call for each of the screen updates:
- both for ST/e and Videl screen handling functionality, and
- regardless of whether one uses statusbar or overlay drive LED

I.e. it should fix any remaining OSX "performance" issues.

See:
http://hg.tuxfamily.org/mercurialroot/hatari/hatari/rev/bb571e6912ff